Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Believe in Smiling

I Believe in… I believe that a smile can make someone’s day brighter. Someone could be heart broken, depressed, angry, sad, or maybe they are having a really bad day. Maybe they just need a smile to brighten up their day. Last semester I was going through a really hard time, and I was really sad. Everything seemed grey, and it seemed like I was all alone. I felt as if there wasn’t any happiness in the world, or at least as if I wouldn’t ever be happy. I robotically went to and from classes, and didn’t care about anything at the time. I felt physically and emotionally drained. To say the least, I was having a really bad day. As I walked through campus, head down and not focusing on anything, I heard my name being shouted. A friend from class was waving at me. She asked how I was doing and told me to have a great day. After that, I walked with my head up, but I was still sad. Walking through the library, random people would smile at me and say “hi”. This made me feel a lot better. Throughout the whole day, people kept smiling at me and making me feel welcome and happier. I’m glad that these people smiled at me. They brought me out of the dark rut that I was stuck in, and they taught me that a smile can make someone’s day brighter. Now as I walk through campus I smile at everyone around me in hopes of making someone’s day better. I have a smile to give, so why not give it? I believe that one smile can make a difference in someone’s life. Smiling isn’t that hard, so why not smile? It makes the world a happier and friendlier place to be in. Please share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. I really want to know what you think about this. What has brightened your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment